Friday 5 February 2010

Code of Conduct for the Blog

I am really hoping that everyone will as far as possible use this blog as a forum to discuss, assist, support and encourage one another. I am very happy and willing to maintain the blog, update it with things that I come across that might be interesting: things i've read, seen or heard or just musings that I would like to share and get feedback on. My wish is that you will all be active users of the site and make an effort to read each others comments as well as offer your own thoughts.

Here is the "Highway Code" for the blog

* Respect. Everyone's voice is valid and important. If we knew what we were doing we would have won the Pulitzer. People who have already won the Pulitzer could however, learn a thing or two from us!

* Every writer needs the support of their peers - be generous in your praise and thougthful in your criticism.

* The two day rule: if you offer to email someone else an article or send them the details of your local poetry competition, do so within 2 days or else explain why you can't.

* I like to share personal stuff in as far as I think it is relevant to the writing process. I hope you will respond with the same honesty. The fact that we are even on the course means we are people who are willing to dig deep to get to the good stuff. Please be respectful of that and go easy on each other. what happens on Virginia's Wolf stays on Virginia's Wolf!

* VERY NB- no stealing ideas. If you didn't think of it its not yours. If we are all too afraid to reveal what our process is, how we are researching characters, where we see our plot going then we can never get feed back from one another and feel free to work through problems we may be having with our plot (such as a story thats called Case Closed but ends with only 2 of the 50 dead bodies accounted for).
I feel we can really help each other out particularly with the longer pieces which are very daunting. I would like to post items on where I am in my process and where my thoughts are going but its only safe to do this if we all agree to play fair.

* Be Free - this is also a place to play and be open and spontaneous with your ideas and reactions.

* Go easy on my spelling and grammar! I write this straight off the cuff and don't have time to edit it. I am dyslexic and so often the most creative component of what I write is the spelling!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Fiona, I am now "following" this so you can check out my blogs if you like and we can mutually follow one another. Thanks for setting this up, great idea and very sensible guidelines. I look forward to participating!

    Narayani

    ReplyDelete