Tuesday 23 February 2010

Thoughts from Liz on castaways

I recently saw your blog and enjoyed reading some useful and helpful bits for the assignment and how you are getting on with it.

I have been researching geography, castaways for the assignment too and found it a bit hard to begin with. I recently found that trying to get into the mind of the character helped. I wrote the name of the character and started to list details what does she like, dislike, fear, dream, ambitions, job, is she married, where did she meet her partner, any children, age, parents, where is she from, lives, pets, etc. I found this quite helpful for me to get into the mind of the person. Then I had to try to think of her partner, who is he, where's he from, etc. This I think I would probably need to do with all of them.

I think it is a bit daunting trying to do the diary trying to add so much detail of these characters plus details of the island and thoughts that they think about when there. I also need to think about where they were born, date, appearance as well and clothes they are wearing and like. So much stuff to think about.

I found the bit about structuring the story into sections, like the weeks, 3 months after that quite useful that you wrote in your blog and was something I didn't think about. This is probably quite important as it makes you think what events have happened during this time and what is the character going to be like now? Have they changed, what has changed? What did they do to survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment